Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Dating Game

So when I was mentally preparing for the the dating game I prayed for direction in finding my happily ever after.  During that time I wrote a list of requirements for my future hubby.  So when I started dating I knew exactly what I wanted.  If on the first date I found the suitor less than perfectly matched to my list, I thanked him for an entertaining meal but I didn't see our relationship headed any further.


Then I met the one!  On our very first date I knew right away he was the one for me. Where did we meet?  Kind of ashamed to say, but... craigslist.  I wrote a personal ad with the list of requirements and assured the reader that I was not looking for anything physical but trying to find my happily ever after.  Lots of emails from schmucks!  Then there were a few that caught my eye.  I went on two first  dates which ended before dessert.  During that time Stud Muffin (now husband) and I talked on the phone and emailed.  Our first date was at my apartment where we ate dirt cups and watched 40 Year Old Virgin.  I knew it was his birthday the next day and school was starting in two days, he is a teacher as well, so I made him a pencil box with some grading stamps, stickers, pens, and pencils as a small gift.



We sat on the couch talking for hours.  I knew that evening that I had met my husband.  Our second date was church and attending the singles group bible study.  Every weekend after that was filled with much of the same.  After dating for a month he met Beans and instantly fell in love with my little boy.


On December 8th, 2007, Stud Muffin took Beans and I to the ICE exhibit at the Gaylord Texan.  Beans wanted to go down the ice slide so I went with him.  Beans sailed down that sucker as if I had coated his pants with Crisco!  I on the other hand had my jeans freeze to the slide half way down and had to stand up to pull the jacket down over my rump to make it the rest of the way down.  But totally worth it because at the end of the slide was Stud Muffin was down on one knee, holding Beans on his knee with the most beautiful ring.  I said YES!!


No comments:

Post a Comment