Saturday, January 11, 2014

Eatin' My Emotions

I am what Oprah calls an emotional eater.  My emotions come in the forms of carbs and sugar.  Fried food were my friend, sweets were soothing, and carbs were my comfort.  I think it all started in college.





How ya' like that for a throw back pic?!

I lived in the dorms and enjoyed all the cafeteria had to offer on the bottom floor of it.  Breakfast, lunch, and dinner were served daily with little consideration to nutritional needs.  After all we were adults and could make healthy food choice.  Right...


My roommates and I kept a hidden box of spoons at the grocery store behind our dorm so we could buy a pint of ice cream and eat it while we walked home.  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough all the way!  I graduated high school at 175 pounds.  By the end of my sophomore year of college I was 200 pounds.


Then I started working at Godiva during my junior year.  I developed an insatiable addiction to fine chocolate.  To top that off I moved to a dorm that had a soft serve machine and a blender like they use at Dairy Queen to make blizzards.  Vanilla soft serve, M&M's, and caramel syrup were my poison of choice.  Sitting here now typing this I am totally salivating like a junk yard bull dog.


I got engaged to my college sweetheart until he decided to "go in a different direction".  So with that the engagement was off and I was on full rebound mode.  Continuing to eat my heartache I got up to 215.  The first guy I started dating worked at an eatery in the mall below the Godiva store I worked at.  My family and friends could already spot that he was bad news.  But I didn't care until... I got pregnant.


Stay tuned for the rest of the emotions I got to eat in the two years following that.

No comments:

Post a Comment