Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Here Comes Baby Chum

Pregnancy number two was laden with issues.  High blood pressure, too much stress from being in a bad work environment, and diabetes decided to rear its' ugly head again.  I tried to watch what I ate but I was as big as a whale and wanted nothing except for ice cream and Popsicles.  By the time it was delivery day I was a whopping 275 pounds with a 35 pound gain throughout the entire pregnancy.


 We had to have a c-section because my OBGYN said that the baby was built like a line backer...all shoulders and head.  So we welcomed Chum into the world two weeks before his due date at the end of July 2009.  He came into the world loud and wild and has maintained that persona.  He is a real pistol but we love our little guy so much.  Beans was thrilled to be a big brother and took such pride in helping take care of him.

After delivery I had a horrible allergic reaction to the adhesive on the epidural sheath.  I had never had any allergic reaction ever in my entire life and thought it was a fluke until later on.  The only weight I was able to lose after pregnancy was the 8 pounds and 5 oz of Chum and a few from fluid.  I was 250 once I had recovered from child birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment