Thursday, February 20, 2014

Life Verse...Staying Yoked Up

I remember saying this verse during evening prayer at Episcopal Church camp as a child.

Matthew 11:29-30
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.30"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

There have been so many times in my life that I have struggled through the choices I have made.  The road I was on was of my own choosing and often time I found myself frustrated and in utter despair.  There are times when I would shake my fist in anger at God and question his reasoning for such frustrating and terrifying situations.  When I am honest with myself it is the times that I unyoked myself from God and was determined to pull myself through those dark times that I was the most frustrated.  I would finally get so fed up and anxious that I would ask God to take my burdens and push me through those times that I ever felt any relief.

The only adage of "Misery loves company" is true.  When life got miserable enough I would crave His company and once I finally yoked back up with God the road I was hoeing became much less of a burden.  The work was still hard but is more tolerable when you have an ally to harness up with.

I find myself more convicted to keep those ties with God constant in times of joy and ease because I know that no life is without trials and if I just stay yoked up with him that I am much more prepared for whatever lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment