Thursday, February 6, 2014

Homemade Fro-Yo

This is a great protein treat for when you have a hankerin' for somethin' sweet!  I love homemade frozen yogurt.  It is an easy way to control what is going into the dessert you are eating.
Here is what you will need:

  • half a bag of frozen whole no sugar added red raspberries
  • a splash of Torani sugar free raspberry syrup (thank you Walmart for now carrying this fine products)
  • 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
  • 2 small bananas
  • 2 cups 2% milk


My mom and dad bought me a Hamilton Beach ice cream maker at Bed, Bath, and Beyond soon after surgery.  I like this appliance about as much as I like my washing machine...can't imagine my life without it!

I combine all ingredients in my blender and then pour it into my ice cream maker.  It takes about 30 minutes for it to freeze up really well.  I have made all kinds of different flavors.  Stay tuned for other frozen treat ideas.  This one has about 8 grams of protein                                              and 100 calories for a 1 cup serving.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment