Friday, November 10, 2017

Veterans Day 2017

How does someone so big fit into a space so small? Seeing the man who could fill a room with his presence fit into a box took my breath away when I saw this processional on the day we laid him to rest.
He is our hero.  Always has been and always will be.  Tomorrow will be the first Veterans Day to not call this man to thank him for his service.  His blue hoodie stays on the back of my desk chair so that when I am feeling a bit overwhelmed I can be reminded of the cloth that I am cut from.

I come from a long line of amazing women and men.  All of my grandfathers served.  My aunt was one of the first graduating class of women from the Naval Academy.

To say I am proud of these people is selling them all short.  They have contributed so much to my family and our nation.

Grandpa Cozy's funeral was not my first at this cemetery.  My dear friend, Robby, is feet away from my grandfather.  Seeing the way that this place honors heroes and loves families is moving to the very core of your being.

To all those who have served and continue to serve, I thank you for your service to our great nation.

To my Colonel, may you find the skies favorable for flying tomorrow for your first Veterans Day in heaven.  May God bless and keep you until we meet again.




No comments:

Post a Comment