Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Scrapfest 2014- Spring Edition

I have a dear sweet teacher friend that I have been friends with since 2008.  We met each other during the interview process at our former school district. Shannon and I immediately bonded over our love of scrapbooking. Every year we spend a long weekend together scrapbooking, chatting, and snacking.  It is one of my favorite times of the year.  Her eye for design and risk taking with color inspires me.  Here are some pages of a memorial album I did of my sweet friend, Robby, who was killed in Afghanistan three years ago in April.  It has taken me that long to get to where I could look at those pictures and newspaper articles without crying.  In the darkest part of my life I was able to share with him my secrets and he loved me like a sister through those hard times.  He was the first person I told that I was pregnant with Beans.  I was so afraid of the judgemental looks and harsh words.  He hugged me, kissed my forehead and said "you are strong and will get through this."  That gave me courage to tell others.  Though no one was as kind about the news as he was.  I miss his friendship and sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment