Tuesday, March 4, 2014

6 years of wedded bliss...making major love history

Hard to believe it has been six years with my Stud Muffin.  In that time we went from a single mom and a bachelor into a happy family, moved into our first home, had a baby, moved into a bigger house, grown closer spiritually, closed gaps financially, endured sickness and health.  These years have FLOWN by.  I feel like we are always on the go.  So for the next few moments I am going to reflect a bit on the crazy fast road we have been on.

I knew God made Stud Muffin for me on our very first date.  Something about the way he looks at me still melts me like a popsicle on the fourth of July.  I love how we make up words to songs to make each other laugh.  I hate how he constantly has music playing, but the absence of it would break my heart.  He loved me at my heaviest weight and loves me still at my smallest.  His affections for me have not changed even though my appearance has.

He has supported me in all my dreams and is not afraid to pull the reins back when I am going too far out.  It is not that I am submissive to his authority (I struggle with the word submissive) but more so I am comfortable in his guidance even when I don't agree with his views.  I am certainly more adventurous and loud than he is.  He has more space in the closet because he has more shorts and hoodies than you can shake a stick at.  I like his repetitive sense of style.  He looks smokin' hot in a baseball cap.

I swell with pride when I see him being a father to our sons.  I love how he will hold up the baseball hit stick for the boys on a lazy afternoon while I sit in a lawn chair with Agnes at my feet.  I like how he leans on the fence at Beans' baseball games while he keeps score.

I like sharing with each other the different books we are reading on our Kindles.  I appreciate his passion for reading and history since I am definately the math and science leader of our household.  I am grateful for his willingness to help with housework.  I hate how he trims the bushes back in the
 yard.  Two words...Edward Scissorhands.


Most importantly I am yours and you are mine and I am beyond blessed by that and excited to see what the future years hold for us.  Love you always, SM.

No comments:

Post a Comment