Friday, May 15, 2015

32 Things You Might Not Know About Mrs. G on her 32nd Birthday

So here is a list of 32 possibly little known facts about Mrs. G in honor of my 32 year on planet Earth.


  1. I hated the color pink growing up and LOVE the color pink now.
  2. I have more scarves and necklaces than anything else in my wardrobe.
  3. I love the smell of old books.  Every Sunday when I reach into my purse to retrieve my tithe I take a big whiff of the old Bible in the pew rack.
  4. I have become obsessed with coloring words in the Bible after doing a covenant study by Kay Arthur.
  5. I always cry on the first and last day a school.  Happy and sad tears.  Happy to start a new year, or happy to know that it was my last day with my special "darling" child.  Sad to end my summer, or sad to know that it was my last day with my darling children.  Either way, I cry.
  6. I love to craft.  Most of the time I have a scrapbook page going at my desk, a quilt top on my sewing machine, hand sewing or crocheting next to my recliner, and the door knobs of my craft room laden with garments needing mending or altered.
  7. I have a favorite sewing machine.  I have 3 machines total, but I play favorites.
  8. My best friend Jennifer makes me her homemade mac and cheese for my birthday instead of a cake.  I have yet to eat a better mac and cheese than hers.
  9. I can't spell.  Despite my dyslexia teacher's efforts all throughout school, I am a terrible speller.  Most of the concept maps in my classroom have at least one misspelled word.
  10. I don't like dark rooms.  My husband loves them.  I have a lamp beside my bed and recliner.  I am considering increasing the wattage of the bulbs.
  11. I scratch a mosquito bites until they bleed to get the poison out.  I know that is completely inaccurate however I have done that since I was a child and I see no sense in stopping now.
  12. I only wear eye makeup.  Anything else makes my face break out.
  13. I can't tell you the last time my nails went unpainted for longer that 30 minutes.
  14. I only use Sinful Color nail polish.  It is cheap and stays on me well.
  15. I love to bake and cook.  I especially like to sneak vegetables into meals and then ask my family what the "mystery ingredient" is.
  16. I like sticky notes and my label maker.
  17. I enjoy reorganizing things even if my kids/students undo all of my good work within minutes.
  18. I like lizards and turtles.
  19. I have an irrational fear of being without underwear.
  20. I never follow a sewing pattern exactly as it is written.
  21. My dream is to create a successful ministry that aides teen moms.
  22. I have 4 tattoos but would love to have a lot more.
  23. I am impulsive.  Once I have an idea in my head, I am ready to put it into action.
  24. I love the smell of lavender.
  25. I am addicted to the tomato basil wheat thins.
  26. I cannot turn down anything chocolate.
  27. My favorite movie is the Wizard of Oz because I find that its timeless lessons give hope and everyone can find at least one character they can relate to.
  28. I like bags and purses with lots of pockets/compartments so that my things can be organized.
  29. I hate red pens.
  30. I will not eat french fries with pointy ends.  If I am in a bind I will tear off the pointy ends before I eat them.
  31. My two thumbs are completely different lengths and the nails are shaped differently.
  32. I am self conscience about wearing dangle earrings and prefer to wear the diamond earrings that my Mom gave me.  They were given to her by my Dad one year for Christmas sandwiched between two frying pans.
I am grateful to God for another year to love my family, serve the Lord, and pursue my dreams.  It has been a wild year and I am sure the next year will be no different but I am up for the journey ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment